Question:
So, what are your top 10 bands, and what do you think of mine?
brandonflowers
2009-08-25 17:41:36 UTC
Tell me what you think of my top 10:

1) blink-182
2) Green Day
3) Anti-Flag
4) Rise Against
5) No Use For A Name
6) The Offspring
7) Bouncing Souls
8) Alkaline Trio
9) Billy Talent
10) Rancid

What's your top 10 (or 5 if you can't think of 10)?
38 answers:
Shalott
2009-08-25 17:49:12 UTC
Numbers 1 and 2 shouldn't on the list or maybe at least the bottom. You got an okay list i like Anti-Flag but that's pretty much it for me.

1. Led Zeppelin

2. Queen

3. Alice in Chains

4. Nile

5. Dying Fetus

6. Pantera

7. Megadeath

8. Sirenia

9. Nine Inch Nails

10.(what the heck) Marilyn Manson

those are just my favorites.
2009-08-26 03:57:30 UTC
I don't like 8 out of 10 bands on your list...sorry :)

Mine:

1. The Smiths

2. Led Zeppelin

3. The Shins

4. Fleet Foxes

5. Band Of Horses

6. Arctic Monkeys

7. The Clash

8. The Cure

9. The Jam

10. The Who
Wake Up
2009-08-25 20:52:50 UTC
1. The Doors

2. Pink Floyd

3. Led Zeppelin

4. Black Sabbath

5. The Grateful Dead

6. Supertramp

7. The Jimi Hendrix Experience

8. Jefferson Airplane

9. The Beatles

10. Queen

Blink 182 (like the old stuff)

Green Day (see Blink 182)

The Offspring (The Kids aren't alright)

The rest of your list is full of bands that i hate or bands i've never heard of.
Beth
2009-08-26 08:05:44 UTC
I like; 1, 2, and 9. The rest, are awesome bands, just not my kinda thing..

My Top 10 are;

1. The All-American Rejects

2. My Chemical Romance

3. Paramore

4 Kings Of Leon

5. Green Day

6. Good Charlotte

7. YouMeAtSix

8. Oasis (old oasis!)

9. Sum41

10. Blink 182

:) That took me a while, when you get to 5, its HARD!
Qeq
2009-08-26 11:39:31 UTC
I had a hard time deciding... currently, I'd say:

1. Blur

2. Talking Heads

3. Beatles

4. Simon & Garfunkel

5. Duran Duran (debut and post Notorious is brilliant)

6. Lush

7. The Specials

8. Pixies

9. Elvis Costello & the Attractions

10. The Clash

All of them are rather "old." ^_^

As for your Top 10;

1 + 2 are both meh, though I love Green Day pre-Nimrod

3 + 4 I don't care for

5 + 7 I've never heard of

6 is good, I respect them but never got into their music

8 + 9 I know of but have never heard their music

and I've always really liked "Ruby Soho" by Rancid. =)
smile [dontcha mess with cupid]
2009-08-25 18:34:29 UTC
Ehh. I like quite a few of them, I suppose.

1. Ozzy (solo and with Sabbath)

2. Alice Cooper

3. New York Dolls

4. The Beatles

5. The Who

6. The Clash

7. The Doors

8. Iron Maiden

9. Judas Priest

10. Jimi Hendrix

these actually aren't in any order, other than that some of them came into my head before others..
2009-08-25 18:14:35 UTC
1. For the Fallen Dreams

2. The Smashing Pumpkins

3. The Devil Wears Prada

4. Dance Gavin Dance

5. The Smiths

6. Silversun Pickups

7. Converge

8. Interpol

9. ABACABB

10. My Bloody Valentine
2009-08-25 18:02:13 UTC
1. Ten Second Epic

2. LIGHTS

3. Marianas Trench

4. The Used

5. Rise Against

6. Gregory and the Hawk

7. Paramore

8. Blink 182

9. The Hush Sound

10. Vedera

There are so many more than that though, just the first 10 I thought of.

I like your list, I listen to over half of them, haha.

I don't have any Anti-Flag or Rancid, but I know who they are.

And I have songs on iTunes from the rest of them. :)
Wandering Preacher
2009-08-25 17:59:52 UTC
1. The Beatles

2. Bob Dylan

3. The Rolling Stones

4. Led Zeppelin

5. The Who

7. The Doors

8. Cream

9. Neil Young

10. Pink Floyd
2009-08-25 17:48:52 UTC
I only like Billy Talent.

My top ten:

1. Alice in Chains

2. Led Zeppelin

3. Pantera

4. Stone Temple Pilots

5. The Who

6. The Doors

7. The Melvins

8. The Stooges

9. Radiohead

10. Megadeth
Fleet Fiction [R
2009-08-27 13:58:02 UTC
1. Evanescence

2. Nirvana

3. Iron Maiden

4. Iced Earth

5. Kamelot

6. Lacuna Coil

7. Moonspell

8. Nightwish

9. Guns 'N' Roses

10. After Forever
2009-08-25 21:36:26 UTC
1. The Doors

2. Led Zeppelin

3. Steppenwolf

4. The Who

5. Jimi Hendrix
Stuie
2009-08-25 17:55:40 UTC
Your list is terrible. The only band I can stand is Rancid and Green Day's Dookie album. Here's my list.

1. The Verve

2. Third Eye Blind

3. My Morning Jacket

4. The Shins

5. Dave Matthews Band

6. Oasis

7. Counting Crows

8. Andrew Bird

9. R.E.M.

10. Neil Young
seldon
2016-10-03 05:48:41 UTC
This record will probable no longer tournament yours. this is all a count number of selection. My record is bands purely, no longer solo acts. i'll additionally no longer incorporate acts the place i've got faith that area of their occupation replaced into great and area of their occupation bit i.e. Metallica from 1983 - 1990 replaced into astounding, yet their song took a turn for the uninteresting. a million - Black Sabbath: Groundbreaking band and the main influential hard rock band ever. 2 - The Beatles: the main influential band ever. They grew into their song and altered the kind of existence of the time around. in basic terms astounding 3 - Frank Zappa and The mothers of Invention: Musically remarkable. 'nuff stated 4 - The Yardbirds: For a sort occupation they spit out some great musicians. Jeff Beck, Clapton, and internet site. 5 - Kiss: Made the stay overall performance a coach and a spectacle. They saved their song uncomplicated, yet catchy and their exhibits larger than existence. 6 - Jane's habit: delivered the actual song returned from the cesspool of the eighty's. 7 - Led Zeppelin: the 1st authentic guitar hero band. great studio artwork and suited production. 8 - Lynyrd Skynyrd: Made southern rock. 9 - Nirvana: corresponding to Kiss in that they saved it uncomplicated, yet made the stay overall performance much less of a spectacle and greater with reference to the song, like Jane's habit. 10 - The conflict: Helped make punk listenable. They saved the suggestions-set yet added song as a exchange of noise. Honorable point out: crimson Floyd, The Who, Pearl Jam, AC/DC, device of a Down. i'm hoping to answer one on solo acts. There are a ton of people who i might choose to show.
2009-08-25 18:15:34 UTC
1 Muse

2 HIM

2 Bullet for My Valentine

3Kings of Leon

4 Biffy Clyro

5 A7X

6 Paramore

7 Evanescence

8 Slipknot

9 Trivium

10 As I Lay Dying

I like ur choices especially Rise Against
2009-08-27 07:57:30 UTC
1) Nirvana

2) Slayer

3) Nile

4) Metallica

5) Anthrax

6) Testament

7) As Blood Runs Black

8) Suffocation

9) All That Remains

10) August Burns red

you PUNK dude!
2009-08-25 17:49:36 UTC
It's ok. I prefer older real punk, but I like some of your bands.

1. The Beatles

2. Nirvana

3. R.E.M.

4. Metallica

5. Pink Floyd

6. Phish

7. Electric Wizard

8. The Doors

9. The Velvet Underground

10. Pixies
iheartmusicx13
2009-08-25 18:26:29 UTC
i think yours are gooood. not my favorites, but i still listen to them.

1. Bring Me The Horizon

2. Escape the Fate

3. Aiden

4. A Skylit Drive

5. All Time Low

6. The Devil Wears Prada

7. UnderOATH

8. Jeffree Star (okay, he's not a band, but he's an artist)

9. My Chemical Romance

10. Alexisonfire
David V
2009-08-25 18:28:19 UTC
1.Rolling Stones

2.Led Zeppelin

3.AC/DC

4. Dave Mathews Band

5. Queensryche

6.Queen

7.Creedence Clearwater Revival

8.Metallica

9.Rush

10.Bruce Springsteen.

they can change at any given time expect the Stones

take care

dave
Cool Dude
2009-08-25 18:06:16 UTC
i dont like yours :(

mine would probably be:

1) Led Zeppelin

2) Metallica

3) The Beatles

4) Van Halen

5) Smashing Pumpkins

6) Rush

7) Pink Floyd

8) Soundgarden

9) The Who

10) Jimi Hendrix Experience
magikmike98
2009-08-26 09:27:57 UTC
My top ten bands, in no specific order.

1. Avenged Sevenfold.

2.SuaveSmooth

3.TrickDaddy

4.Plies

5.BoysLikeGirls

6.Gang Starr

7.Ludacris

8.The Killers

9.3 Doors Down

10.Spider loc

Those are my favorites! But I do listen to tons of other bands.
Death 06 『Foreign Music Enthusiast』
2009-08-25 18:24:19 UTC
Didn't I answer this question already???

Thursday

Bring Me The Horizon

Celldweller

All Time Low

Eths

Vegastar

D'espairsRay

Within Temptation

Eyes Set To Kill

Suicide Silence
Lindsay
2009-08-25 17:49:54 UTC
1.Paramore

2.Tegan and Sara

3.An Horse

4.Death Cab For Cutie

5.Silversun Pickups

6.The Strokes

7.The Ramones

8.The Cure

9.Sonic Youth

10.The Velvet Underground

:]
2009-08-25 18:25:47 UTC
1.Varsity FanClub

2.Jonas Brothers

3.Pussycat Dolls

4.Girlicious

5.Git Fresh
handsomeboy
2009-08-25 17:48:36 UTC
1.the killers

2.green day

3.the cure

4.nirvana

5.weezer

6.red hot chili peppers

7.blink 182

8.thd police

9.led zeppelin

10.linkin park

Your fav bands r cool 2, i especially like 1,2, and 6, i can't get tired of them!
xxmr2005xx
2009-08-25 17:46:33 UTC
1) Green Day

2) AC/DC

3) Paramore

4) The Beatles

5) Elvis Presley/Johnny Cash

6) Blink 182

7) Fall Out Boy

8) All Time Low

9) Phantom Planet

10) Motion City Soundtrack
Honeypie03232009
2009-08-25 17:47:10 UTC
1. the smiths

2. the cure

3. joy division

4. depeche mode

5. the clash

6. alice in chains

7. rancid

8. hole

9. david bowie

10. the distillers

i like your top ten, i'm guessing you're into mostly punk?

5 &7 i have never heard of :(
good old fashioned lover girl ☮
2009-08-25 17:55:12 UTC
out of your bands i like rise against and some of green day:)

I would pick ten favorite bands but then that would be unfair to all the other great bands i left out.

:)
rebel-without-a-cause
2009-08-25 17:47:24 UTC
My list-

1.) nirvana

2.) guns n roses

3.) the beatles

4.) pink floyd

5.) the von bondies

6.) the white stripes

7.) the jimi hendrix experience

8.) pearl jam

9.) alice in chains

10.) soundgarden

Your list is pretty good. My favorite band out of your list is the offspring.
2009-08-25 17:52:52 UTC
blink!<3

1. all time low [ only the old.]

2. cute is what we aim for

3. bring me the horizon

4. a day to remember

5. chiodos

6. taking back sunday

7. escape the fate

8. blink 182

9.ice nine kills

10. eatmewhileimhot
2009-08-25 18:10:21 UTC
Soilwork

Scar Symmetry

The Haunted

Miseration

myGRAIN

Hatebreed

Lamb of God

Pantera

Godsmack

Disarmonia Mundi

:)
Brittany♥
2009-08-25 18:09:07 UTC
1.green day 2.cavo 3.my chemical romance 4.devil wears prada 5.slip knot 6.nevershoutnever 7.hollywood undead8. paramore 9.shinedown 10.papa roach....... i love your list tooo.
2009-08-25 17:48:41 UTC
Judas priest

Korn

Metallica

Iron maiden

Slayer

Nirvana

Megadeth

System of a down

Ramones
john lennon sexy beast
2009-08-25 17:56:21 UTC
u have some good taste

mine are:

1. the beatles

2. the cure

3.the kooks

3. matt costa

4. matt and kim

5.mgmt

6.johnny forigner

7. tegan and sara

8.regina specktor

9.winterkids

10. bromheads jacket

9.
2009-08-25 17:51:45 UTC
i cant really choose a top 10 its too hard

but as for yours

i would say

one: eh, they have some good stuff, mainly off of their self titled album

two: not a fan

three: never heard them before

four: not a fan

five: never heard of them

six: never heard before

seven: no clue who this is

eight: bleh!

nine: one good song, surrender, thats all

ten: who?
kansasfan
2009-08-25 17:50:55 UTC
1.Kansas

2.Scorpions

3.Queen

4.Led Zeppelin

5.Jethro Tull

6.Europe

7.Blue Oyster Cult

8.Rainbow

9.Creedence Clearwater Revival

10.The Who

Your bands are a little bit "younger" than mine, and they are not really my style, but I think they are ok...
Chubs
2009-08-25 17:46:12 UTC
1. Paramore

2. Evenescence