Question:
suggest music for someone who likes punk, grunge, rock? (look below for specifics) THANKS A LOT!! :)?
2008-05-27 16:20:01 UTC
okay, i like punk but not really contemporary punk, i like X and the gits a lot (who are kind of punk but kind of grungy?) i also really like nirvana and hole, and other grunge bands like blackouts and seaweed. i also like the pixies and arcade fire. recommendations? (maybe suggest bands, and then give me your opinion of the bands best song for me to sample?) thank you so much!!!
Ten answers:
kcal
2008-05-27 16:30:09 UTC
Smashing Pumpkins

Big Black

Sonic Youth

Black Flag

The Minutemen

L7

Husker Du

Mission of Burma

TV on the Radio

Sufjan Stevens

Elliott Smith

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Interpol

Iron &Wine

Andrew Bird
2008-05-27 16:31:14 UTC
Well I can help you out with grunge and rock, let's see..

Three Days Grace- They are obviously one of those newer, more contemporary bands that some people would characterize as "sellouts" but I really don't think so, because they have some really good rock/grunge music that perfectly fits what grunge should sound like. Two good songs from them you can listen to would be Animal I have Become, and Pain. They are one of those bands with that signature style, they sound pretty close to the same in all their songs, but they're also that rare band with the weird musical appeal; their music doesn't just sound good, but it has this crazy appeal and even if you don't think you'll like them you probably will, trust me I guarantee you won't be dissatisfied with them.

Pearl Jam- I'm sure you know about PJ, but if you don't know 'em very well, my favorite songs from them would be Jeremy, Alive, Black, and Daughter, but don't forget about Even Flow or any of those. Pearl Jam can be pretty light, and some people consider them an acquired taste, but really you can't go wrong with them; also just a small tidbit, they were named the "grunge band of the 90s" by some magazine or something like rolling stone; in the 90s they were insanely popular :)

More grunge? How about bands with that sort of grungey/hard rock sound, like velvet revolver, audioslave, shinedown, etc. you can't go wrong trust me.
Joey
2008-05-27 16:30:40 UTC
The Ramones

The Clash

The Descendents

Rancid

Mudhoney

all very grunge and/or punk type of bands.
2008-05-27 16:26:19 UTC
Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Metallica, System of a Down, The Strokes, Sum 41, Alice In Chains, Guns n' Roses, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for My Valentine...........as for the punk....buy a warped tour compilation CD...it has everything!!
No N
2008-05-27 17:12:08 UTC
some punk stuff i like:

the clash: london calling, jimmy jazz, spanish bombs, rudie cant fail

sex pistols: anarchy in the uk

the ramones: blitzkrieg bop, i wanna be sedated

generation x: day by day

anti-flag: turncoat, one trillion dollars, welcome to 1984

bad religion: believe it, 21st century digital boy, them and us

rancid: time bomb, rudy soho

operation ivy: unity

dont listen to much grunge stuff but:

pearl jam: even flow

love arcade fire and the pixies:

rebellion (lies) my fav. arcade fire song

by the pixies i love where is my mind if u havent heard those songs by them yet

bayside: duality, winter, megan

we are scientists: nobody moves, nobody gets hurt

jimmy eat world: sweetness, a sunday, pain, bleed american

its hard to find bands with sound similar to those two but i tried. great musical taste :)
?
2016-10-22 01:37:15 UTC
i'm older,yet once you're fascinated in early punk and hardcore-the predecessors-you may like: The Germs,Black Flag,Circle Jerks,undesirable Brains,DOA,Varukers,uk Subs,X-Ray Spex.All are loud quick earbleed punk.As for previous stuff combining yet another type you may wanna look up The Cramps,early Gun club(both damaged hillbilly/rockabilly punk),Operation Ivy(ska punk,initial Rancid contributors),first Siouxsie And The Banshees album(kinda gothy noise sculptures),early Gang of four(punk funk is basic strategies to describe them).
Jacob S
2008-05-27 16:24:20 UTC
by the way, nice music choice:)

Sonic Youth

The Clash

The Sex Pistols

The Smashing Pumpkins

Those are all good punk/grundge bands
This Account No Longer Exists
2008-05-27 16:32:33 UTC
nirvana, alice in chains, stone temple pilots, melvins, mudhoney, screaming trees, mad season, pearl jam, sound garden, black flag, green river, meat puppets, smashing pumpkins
?
2008-05-27 18:38:12 UTC
the ramones,

THE CLASH FU*****ROCKS!!