Question:
who think the spirt of rock is dead?
leo
2007-05-10 03:24:11 UTC
what i realy mean i think the bands that our coming out now and days just for show, not realy about the music my examples fall out boy, my chemical romance, red jumpsuit apperatis, basicaly the (supposely) punk rock, but more like pop rock
Thirteen answers:
Fonzie T
2007-05-10 03:29:44 UTC
Hmm, not *really*. But I see what you're saying. I think what you have to do is stop listening to mainstream radio for good, new exciting rock. Mainstream stations are Not playing it anymore. That died in the 70s.

Turn to college radio &/or internet radio. Try Pandora.com.

There's still lots of good indie rock being made....just not by many of today's mainstream bands...
musicgrlluvher
2007-05-13 20:39:52 UTC
Rock music may to some people be a bit bland but it's way ****** better than the other genres that are out now. For example rap music. Everytime I hear the rap music being played now I want to ****** throw up and beat the **** out of the person who thought of those ridiculous lyrics that they are rappin about. Rock music is by far much better to listen to right now. Take it from me I was a huge *** rap fan growing up but not I'm totally into the rock music. It's more meaningful. Don't get me wrong I do still listen to rap music but only the old school stuff.
haicassie
2007-05-11 11:01:25 UTC
i wouldn't say that the spirit of rock is dead.

just the spirit of punk.

i mean, look at green day.

S-E-L-L-O-U-T-S.

sadly, i don't think we'll ever get anything good from todays "punk rock".

you're right.

it is pop rock.

there will never be a punk band quite lyk rancid or the dead milkmen.

it's just not gonna happen.

and i don't think these new bands are just for show.

the red jumpsuit apparatus' lyrics really do have deep meaning to them.

it's just...........they're not true punk.

my guess is that the music industry thinks that pop will get them more money.

it all sux but what can we do to stop it?
motschkal12
2007-05-11 05:06:51 UTC
You`re right. Today`s rock bands are no match for bands like Led Zeppelin, Alice in chains, Judas Priest, Metallica, The Clash or Guns `n` Roses and many more.
2007-05-10 03:33:41 UTC
There are still loads of really great local bands around. Stuff that makes it into the chart seems to be this 'new wave emo' crap. Commercial punk bands sound all poppy (that was Blink 182's fault!) but I still love listening to the Ramones!
stephen
2007-05-10 04:17:48 UTC
Rock will never die. It's the media's appeal on rock that is dead. Like the first person said, stay off the 'mainstream' radio stations, they focus on who pays them the most to play their song. Go to 'underground' scenes, they normally know what's the best. Listen to people's opinions.

Go to local shows.
Hex
2007-05-10 04:01:14 UTC
i know what you mean a lot of bands like fall out boy and panic at the disco are bringing rock to rock pop but as long as there are great bands like bullet for my valentine and others rock will survive especially as so many love them (eg me and my mates)
Dokken Girl
2007-05-10 15:06:15 UTC
I agree. I like Rock/metal.... but the prob is now you say rock pepole say "Fall Out Boy! I'm a true rocker!" But No- Even (Oh please forgive me Def Lepp fans,I'm a fan too) Def Leppard's new stuff is getting poppy. I lioke KISS- the kids in my school think I'm a evil person- because to them KISS is the most metal they here. And Yes KISS is metal- but come on- We need ROCK support-and FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ladytron
2007-05-10 11:24:49 UTC
I absolutely 100% agree with you...

Even though I don't even like punk rock but I get what your saying...

My chemical romance.....

.....GAAWWWWWD!!!
laxman051
2007-05-10 06:54:02 UTC
are u serious?

i love rock and if u say its dying ur wrong

and its alternative pop, not pop rock
musicwarrior
2007-05-10 07:40:46 UTC
Look beyond who's in the spotlight. You'll see something.
2007-05-13 13:46:04 UTC
FALLOUT BOY SUCKS

MCR is OK BUT ROCK IS DEAD>LONG LIVE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
Dark Crystel
2007-05-10 06:21:22 UTC
it's not completly dead but it's dying