Question:
What are your favorite song lyrics?
2010-05-04 20:24:43 UTC
What are your favorite song lyrics? not necessarily a song... but the lyrics to it!
Twenty answers:
Stev3n Tyl3r r0cks
2010-05-04 20:34:47 UTC
I think "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith and "Nothing Can Keep Me From You" by KISS are great songs, and both songs wrote by Diane Warren, one of the best writers in the world......
Ariana
2016-11-19 03:09:02 UTC
You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'

The Righteous Brothers
bryson
2016-10-04 10:06:55 UTC
My favourite tune (correct now) is Hole In My Pocket through Sheryl Crow You can inform me the sector is circular and I'll turn out to you it is rectangular You can hold your ft at the flooring, however I'll be strolling on air You're beautiful well at ready While I cross jogging round Well, that is simply the way in which it's, you understand I obtained a gap in my pocket You supply me love and I drop it I wager I threw it away I obtained a gap in my pocket You supply me love and I drop it I wager I'll throw it away I obtained a 4 leaf clover I'll throw it over my shoulder I'm gonna want it in the future o When matters do not cross correct you lead me Torn up and tied---you unfastened me When lifestyles is unusual you are taking me Through each difference, you not ever holiday me You obtained a sense there is a wall that you'll not ever climb I you need to be there wherein you're, I you need to be on time But I lose my means oops... virtually the entire tune... they're my favourite components, regardless that. I wager I just like the entire tune.
2010-05-04 21:07:04 UTC
"Forgotten Sons" - Marillion

1983, Script for a Jester's Tear (album)

Armalite, street lights, nightsights

Searching the roofs for a sniper, a viper, a fighter

Death in the shadows he'll maim you, he'll wound you, he'll kill you

For a long forgotten cause, on not so foreign shores

Boys baptised in wars

Morphine, chill scream, bad dream

Serving as numbers on dogtags, flakrags, sandbags

Your girl has married your best friend, loves end, poison pen

Your flesh will always creep, tossing turning sleep

The wounds that burn so deep

Your mother sits on the edge of the world

W when the cameras start to roll

Panoramic viewpoint resurrect the killing fold

Your father drains another beer, he's one of the few that cares

Crawling behind a Saracen's hull from the safety of his living room chwair

Forgotten sons, forgotten sons, forgotten sons

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour

I must fear evil, for I am but mortal and mortals can only die

Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless faceless watchers

That stalk the carpeted corridors of Whitehall

Who orders desecration, mutilation, verbal masturbation

I in the guarded bureaucratic wombs

Minister, minister care for your children, order them not into damnation

To eliminate those who would trespass against you

For whose is the kingdom, the power, the glory forever and ever, Amen

Halt who goes there, Death, approach friend

You're just another coffin on its way down the emerald aisle

When your children's stony glances mourn your death in a terrorist's smile

The bomber's arm placing fiery gifts on the supermarket shelves

Alley sings with shrapnel detonate a temporary hell

Forgotten Sons

From the dole queue to the regiment a profession in a flash

But remember Monday signings when from door to door you dash

On the news a nation mourns you unknown soldier, count the cost

For a second you'll be famous but labelled posthumous

Forgotten sons, forgotten sons

Peace on earth and mercy mild, Mother Brown has lost her child

Just another Forgotten Son
?
2016-11-18 02:46:44 UTC
Norwegian Wood

Beatles
?
2016-11-22 02:00:17 UTC
Hey Jude

Beatles
Niki
2010-05-04 21:02:22 UTC
"Now there's no love

As true as the love

That dies untold

But the clouds never hung so low before

It makes no diff'rence how far I go

Like a scar the hurt will always show

It makes no diff'rence who I meet

They're just a face in the crowd

On a dead-end street

And the sun don't shine anymore

And the rains fall down on my door

These old love letters

Well, I just can't keep

'Cause like the gambler says

Read 'em and weep

And the dawn don't rescue me no more"- The Band's It Makes No Difference
2010-05-04 21:19:31 UTC
"Get your hands off of my woman motherf*****!!!!!!!" - The Darkness

"In the morning don't say you love me, cuz I'll only kick you out of the door" - The Faces

"Give me the reason why the mind's a terrible thing to waste?" - Them Crooked Vultures

"I got patches on the patches on my old blue jeans. They used to be blue, they used to be new. They used to be clean" - AC/DC

"Condoleeza Rice is nice but I prefer -A-Roni" - Clutch

"Come on motherf***** let's throw down, come on motherf***** let's go. Just rear your ugly f***** head, I'll put it on a platter" - Clutch

"I'm A1 on the jukebox and nowhere on the charts" - Dave Edmunds

"I got a 32/20 on a 45 frame, I gotta shoot this short-haired woman cuz she love another man" - Junior Wells and Buddy Guy

"I filled my pockets now I might as well die, cuz I found the backdoor outta teenage hell" - The Hives

"Still my favorite attitude in this world so far is the friendly spirit of an islander" - The Strokes

"Last week he took all my money and it may sound funny but I come to get my money back" - Jim Croce

"That's alright, I still got my guitar!" - Jimi Hendrix

"The fire eater is a real fine sight to see. Yeah he's a death cheater, some kind of central heater. Be sure to save a seat for me" - Rory Gallagher

"You better understand I'm in love with myself, myself, my beautiful self" - The Sex Pistols

"I went to the place where every white face is an invitation to robbery. Sitting here in my safe European home, I don't wanna go back there again" - The Clash

"Yesterday it hit me that I do all the little things that you do, except the same little things that you do are annoying. They're annoying as hell in fact" - The White Stripes

"It's quite possible that I'm your third man girl. But it's a fact that I'm the seventh son" - The White Stripes

"I had a sweet old lady walk up to me, wanted to get a photograph for her grandson to see. And as the digital camera lit up the place, she unloaded a chrome 45 in my face" - The White Stripes

"I hope I die before I get old" - The Who

"Marie is only six years old, information please" - Chuck Berry

"This thing is a beast, value will only increase, been negotiating turns like peace in the Middle East" - Fountains Of Wayne

"Well all you motherf******, criminals will be suckers if you don't step aside for David Courtney" - Rancid

"Coquettes b**** slap you so polite til you thank them for the tea and sympathy" - Beck

"These people 'round here wear beaten down eyes sunk in smoke-dried faces, so resigned to what their fate is" - Dexys Midnight Runners

"I've got a tombstone hand and a graveyard mind, I'm just 22 and I don't mind dyin' " - Bo Diddley

"Los Angeles, give me Norfolk, Virginia Tidewater 4-10-0-9, tell the folks back home this is the promised land calling and the poor boy is on the line" - Chuck Berry

"In the morning it's 110 degrees but I like the goddamn heat" - Gin Blossoms

"I sidled up beside her, settled down and shouted 'Hi there, my name's Stewart Ransom Miller, I'm a serial lady killer'. She said 'I'm already dead' and that's exactly what she said" - Old 97's

"I'm pulling into Cleveland in a seven-seater tour van, well there's eight of us so I'm sleeping on the floor. The guy that plays the banjo keeps on handing me the Old Crow which multiplies my sorrow, I can't take it anymore" - Old 97's

"How am I supposed to entertain you? My fingertips are worthless when my mind's so far away" - Old 97's
CHILD OF THE GRAVE
2010-05-04 20:34:42 UTC
If I Close My Eyes Would It Spare Me The Sight?

Of Decay, Corruption, How We Nurture Destruction

And Everything That Will Doom Us All

-Pink Noise Waltz by Diablo Swing Orchestra

Well I don't want no Jesus freak to tell me what it's all about

No black magician telling me to cast my soul out

Don't believe in violence, I don't even believe in peace

-Under the Sun/Every Day Comes and Goes by Black Sabbath

Your existence is a script,

life for you is a perfomance,

play out the leading role

-Overactive Imagination by Death

What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?

I didn't know you had any feelings.

-Peace Sells by Megadeth

Lead us into temptation

A reign of terror will begin

Deliver us to evil

We promise death, world's end

-Deliver Us To Evil by Exodus
moomoomonsta
2010-05-04 20:39:08 UTC
I think the best lyrics I've ever heard is in Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
Lily
2010-05-04 20:29:29 UTC
Hello there, the angel from my nightmare, the shadow in the background of the morgue. the unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley... we can live like jack and sally if we want, where you can always find me and we'll have Halloween on Christmas and in the night we'll wish this never ends... we'll wish this never ends... i miss you.

in fact, the whole song is my favorite lyric right now. I love 'I Miss You'.
?
2016-11-21 00:32:03 UTC
Mr Tambourine Man

The Byrds
2010-05-05 18:25:58 UTC
Paranoia is in bloom

The PR transmissions will resume

They'll try to push drugs to keep us all dumbed down

And hope that we will never see the truth around

(So come on!)

There's so much more, this is only the first verse. It's called Uprising by Muse.
2010-05-04 20:35:59 UTC
Condemned - Confessor

I particularly love the last four lines.

joining me in your search of peace

the latest findings in your quest for pain

you reach, I resist, I forgive, you condemned

your expressions to condemned

condemned is everyone's belief

if not the same as yours

fantastic views of reality

seduction of your burning mind

you reach, I resist, I forgive, you condemned

your expressions to condemned

difference of opinion

my way is not like yours

difference of opinion

that doesn't mean I'm wrong
Mike P
2010-05-04 20:38:35 UTC
I float through physical thoughts. I stare down the abyss of organic dreams. All bets off, I plunge, only to find that self is shed.

Meshuggah - "Shed"
dєαd ştαŗ✰
2010-05-04 20:46:43 UTC
I'm sick of feeding my soul to people who'll never know just how purposeless and empty they've grown. Because the language confuses, like computers refuse to understand how I am feeling today.

-Map of Your Head by Muse
2-D is back
2010-05-04 20:58:11 UTC
I fell asleep while watching spike TV

After 10 cups of coffee

And you're still not here

Dreaming of a song

But something went wrong

But I can't tell anyone

'Cause no one's here

Left me here alone

And I should have stayed home

After 10 cups of coffee I'm thinking

(where'd you go?)

Nobody likes you, everyone left you

(where'd you go?)

They're all out without you havin' fun

(where'd you go?)

Everyone left you, nobody likes you

(where'd you go..go..go..go..)
2010-05-04 22:07:33 UTC
the more you put me through, the more it makes me wanna come back

to you, you say you hate me, i just love you more, you don't want me

i just want you more.. love you more - eminem

I act like sh*t don't phase me, inside it drives me crazy my insecurities

could eat me alive.. Hailies song - eminem

just don't tell em i went crazy, that im still strung out over you, tell em

anything you want to just don't tell em all the truth.. the truth - jason aldean
Shea
2010-05-04 20:31:47 UTC
if you get knocked down you gotta get back up no matter how hard you get hit or how hard you fall! ~MInor Authority "Armstrong Avenue"
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad rulz
2010-05-04 21:18:50 UTC
Limp Bizkit - Hot Dog

Ladies and gentlemen!

Introducing the Chocolate Starfish!

and the Hot dog Flavored Water

Bring it on!

Get the **** up!

Yeah!

Check, one, two

Listen up, listen up!

Here we go

It's a ****** world

In a ****** up place

Everybody's judged by their ****** up face

****** up dreams

****** up life

A ****** up kid

With a ****** up knife

****** up moms

And ****** dads

It's a ****** up a cop

With a ****** up badge

****** up job

With ****** up pay

And a ****** up boss

Is a ****** up pain

****** up press

And ****** up lies

Well, Lethal's in the back

With the fact of the fires

Hey, it's on

Everybody knows this song

Hey, it's on

Everybody knows this song

Ain't it a shame that you can't say "****"

****'s just a word

And it's all ****** up

Like a ****** up punk

With a ****** up mouth

A nine inch nail

Gets knocked the **** out

****** up babes

Who ****** up sex

Fake *** titties

On a ****** up chest

We're all ****** up

So whatcha wanna do?

We ****** up me

And ****** up you

You wanna **** me like an animal

You'd like to burn me on the inside

You like to think that I'm a perfect drug

Just know that nothing you do

Will bring you closer to me

Ain't life a *****?

A ****** up *****

A ****** up soul with a ****** up stitch

A ****** up head

Is a ****** up shame

Swinging on my nuts

Is a ****** up game

Jealousy filling up a ****** up mind

It's real ****** up

Like a ****** up crime

If I say "****", two more times

That's 46 "****" in this ****** up rhyme

It's on

Everybody knows this song

Hey, it's on

Everybody knows this song

You wanna **** me like an animal

You'd like to burn me on the inside

You like to think that I'm a perfect drug

Just know that nothing you do

Will bring you closer to me

Hooo Haaa Haaaw!

That's enough baby

You.. can't.. bring.. me.. (bring me).. down

I.. don't.. think.. so

I don't want some

You.. better.. check.. your.. (check it).. self

Before.. you.. wreck.. your.. self

This.. my.. star.. fish

My.. choco.. late.. Starfish.. punk

This.. my.. star.. fish