Question:
STEVE VAI question?
x7_lostandconfused_7x
2007-05-09 20:08:10 UTC
Hey,

I LOVE the songs Freak Show Excess and Building the Church.

Bad Horsie is great, but I like the previously mentioned songs better.

Which CD of his should I buy?

I've never owned one of his CDs before but I love listening to his music. I was thinking about buying his "Greatist Hits"-type album, because he's released so many. But I don't really like owning "Best Ofs"... so which album?

thanks,

-kev
Five answers:
trippedits
2007-05-09 21:14:49 UTC
Buy Passion and Warfare if you've never owned one of his albums. It's a very listener friendly album and a good introduction to listening to instrumental work. From there pick something else- anything else. (I'm biased though, my favorite song by him, "For love of God" is on that album).

One of the great things about Vai is you know that no matter what you buy, it's going to be really good.
wizardufozz2002
2007-05-10 07:17:58 UTC
Yeah, I was gonna say, if you like any of those songs you heard from Steve Vai..... Passion and Warfare is the best stuff he has done... pretty much. Trust me you won't be sorry! Now, just have good luck finding it... shouldn't be real hard to find though.
Super Unkn0wn
2007-05-11 20:09:36 UTC
Passion and Warfare is a great album. I also liked The Ultra Zone because it was like nothing i'd heard before.
CHRISTOPHER C
2007-05-12 04:37:12 UTC
Yes of course - Passion and Warfare. "Little Stevie Vai is going to play a song on his guitar now. He wrote it all by himself"
Paulie
2007-05-10 21:57:50 UTC
I highly recommend "Passion And Warfare". I know that just about everyone say the same, but it really is THAT good.