Question:
My... My... My... Generation... sucks.?
Strummer Boy (Drunken Lazy Bastard)
2009-10-21 03:12:48 UTC
sorry about the misleading title, i love The Who and would in no way bash them. anyway, let me get to the point. What's wrong with my generation. they talk about going to raves and lady gaga concerts, have ridiculous hair and wear women's clothing. WHAT"S HAPPENING!!! and am I alone in wishing that punk would ***** slap these people back to the '80s. I wanna know what happened to seeing your local punk band on the weekend, mohawks and leather jackets and chains. let's bring punk back.
Nineteen answers:
2009-10-21 03:20:47 UTC
H-H-H-He's T-T-Talking aboUt the W-W-War Bab...ies, F-F-F-Fool.
NA
2009-10-21 10:52:54 UTC
I feel almost the same way and I'm in my late teens. Although, not all great music is just from the 80's and punk isn't the only good genre. I listen to all kinds of music from all over the world and a lot of them have a different tone as well as language. Also, I'm not defending the crappy music these days but saying that punk is what everyone should be listening to is kind of conformist because everyone has different tastes in music, and conformists are something that punk rockers usually don't like.

Here are some good bands and groups that I listen to. There not all punk though.

In Flames

Bad Religion

Social Distortion

Ozzy Osbourne

Rob Zombie/White Zombie
?
2009-10-23 00:16:39 UTC
HIGH FIVE. HELL YES. F*CK LADY GAGA. LET'S BRING SOME PUNK ROCK BACK ONTO THE STREETS AND INTO BASEMENTS.

Sadly, Florida has no basements :(

But seriously! Our generation of little poser 'emos' and 'scene' kids needs to be punched in the face by REAL punk rock. I'm tired of all this sh!t.

Yes, i may listen to blink-182 & Green Day, but I LOOK UP TO bands like:

Rise Against

Anti-Flag

Bad Religion

Bouncing Souls

Alkaline Trio

NOFX

Rancid

Descendents

Stiff Little Fingers
catssunsetsmusic
2009-10-21 13:45:02 UTC
Times have changed, I do like some of the music that you dislike, but nothing really lasts forever, it might fade away, which I think Punk has.

I mean you moan about Lady Gaga, then go listen to something else instead of moaning about it, there's other music out there, you know. Music that you'll actually find good.
2009-10-21 20:29:06 UTC
This Generation is full of f*cking cowards/selling their souls by the hour/advertisment blindfols in front of your their eyes/taught to question nothing and live the lie/you value things that are absurd/materialistic ideals in the suburbs/the world is full of war, hate and innocent cries/there is more to life than the things you buy.

F.U.C.K YOU AND YOUR SO CALLED VALUES!

KIDS CONTROLLED BY DOLLAR SIGNS

ADVERTISE TO KEEP THEM BLIND

F.U.C.K THE LYING CORPORATIONS

AND MY IGNORANT GENERATION.

Think twice about everything that you're told/Take a good look around this ****** up world/Don't play their one sided, bigoted games/Let's put these ******* bastards to shame/I won't forget about the things that truly matter/F.u.c.k where I am on the social ladder/I may stand alone but I will stand for what is right/Never let my enemies out of sight.

if you really are into all this "my generation sucks" stuff...i would like to suggest this band CAREER SOLDIERS -album (loss of words)
Fonzie T
2009-10-21 10:29:15 UTC
Dunno how old you are, but I tend to agree.

I think what happened was- music stopped being The driving force among youth. Esp. today b/c they have SO many other things competing for their attention. (video games, texting, the Internet, iPhones that can do Anything, mp3 players, etc)

Also, I think since we live in a (super) faster paced world, attention spans have shortened.

So I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think music will be the source of the next big revolution among young people. I think the last one we saw was w/ Nirvana & grunge. Since then, I can't think of a single band (or genre, for that matter) who *Everyone* seemed to turn to for inspiration.

*edit

Lucie

Tell your dad- I have no idea where he heard it, but I have NEVER heard Anyone call Yes punk. Not once. & I've been into them for over 20 years.
2009-10-21 10:21:23 UTC
Agree. My generation (b. 1990) sucks ***!! Music has NEVER EVER been worse than in the 2000s. Everything but indie (some of that sucks too) is utter ******* crap!! I mean, 75% of my music is from before 2000.

We need something as revolutionary as punk today, I just don't know what that would be. Just someone who has something important to say, and is actually talented.

LETS BOMB MTV!!
2009-10-21 12:31:00 UTC
1.

MOST CD players sound horrible. They use oversampling - usually hurts the sound. They use ultrasonic filtering - usually hurts the sound. They fiddle about with other marketable gimmicks - usually hurts the sound. They usually use cheap mechanisms - this means more error correction, i.e. averaging - makes it sound bland. About 0.1% of CD players avoid these cheats and gimmicks and sound good. The very first CD players (around 1982) actually sound quite musical, i.e. GOOD, i.e. ACCURATE!! The manufacturers created an endless treadmill of "advances" in technology because it helped to SELL stuff. There were NO advances!

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.

They cleverly covered up the flaws of bad CD players by saying stuff like:

"because of CD's high resolution, it may reveal limitations in the source recording" LIES, LIES, LIES, LIES, LIES etc....

"CD reproduction sounds bland because its more accurate than vinyl. People like vinyl because of its distortions" LIES, LIES, LIES, LIES, LIES etc....

2.

Remastering. Most analogue recordings were remastered when they were transferred to CD. Most reissued CDs are remastered again. Most remastering involves making the quiet sounds louder, i.e. compressing the dynamic range. People actually got PAID for this NONSENSE! The difference between the soft and loud sounds is PART OF THE MUSIC. Removing that difference means that you are DELETING PART OF THE MUSIC. They keep blabbing on about 24bit resolution and 48kHz sampling. Then they DELIBERATELY DELETE 10% OF THE BLOODY SONG!!!!

3.

MP3 players and IPODs - RUBBISH, COMPLETE BLOODY, CUTESY, RUBBISH!!! AWFUL BLOODY HEADPHONES - JUST AWFUL!

4.

Kids these days have lost interest because they have been force fed **** for the past 25 years! The manufacturers of the equipment have basically shot the music industry in the foot.

5.

CRAPPY loudspeakers - don't get me started on CRAPPY loudspeakers!!! Another CON!

6.

Don't give me any CRAP about good equipment being too expensive for most people! GOOD equipment is usually cheaper to make because it uses less capacitors, less resistors, less microchips, less circuitry, less stuff, less CRAP!!!

7.

Moreover, Robbie Williams should be lined up against a wall and shot!
adam D
2009-10-21 10:45:50 UTC
Dont worry peeps. good music comes every 20 years in the early part of the decade ex. 70s, 90s. Late generation Y's ( people born around 1987-1992) time is coming, were in college so the timing is perfect. trust me, its a sociological trend. good music is coming in the 2010's
000
2009-10-24 01:27:49 UTC
WHO REFERENCE!

Sorry. I love those guys. :D

Ugh.

I know what you mean.

I'm more of a 60's kinda girl myself, but punk is great.

The 70's had great punk music.

I want to live in a generation that has GOOD music... *sigh*

I'm sick of Lady Gaga.

Sick of the Jonas Brothers.

Sick of Taylor Swift.

Sick of... well, you get the point.

I hope a good band surfaces soon.

I'm tired of all of this crap...
teh anti-pasto (R.I.P. Lux)
2009-10-21 17:37:37 UTC
i dunno how it is in the land down under, but here, i still go see local punk bands play. sure, i dont have a leather jacket, because i dont see why you would wear an animal for fashion, but i do wear a blazer. with lots of patches. but i agree with you about everything else. the whole rave thing is just stupid.
Rain girl
2009-10-21 15:55:21 UTC
i agree lets bring punk back. i had my hair dyed purple and all short and i could spike most of it, people looked at me like i was a freak. i miss my purple hair, even my dad who was a hard rocker back in the day was embarassed to take me out when i had purple hair.
so
2009-10-21 13:44:00 UTC
I consider Schubert's Lieder non-conformist!

Punk, pop, rock - same time signature mostly, boring beat.

Talking about grunge, one of my first vinyl albums was Nirvana. I remember listening to it over and over again, although the fashions sucked...
2009-10-21 10:33:48 UTC
well you sund a bit like my grandma...lol

but you're right about it. I don't like punk, I'm into metal...it it happen the same thing like punk punk. I hhhaaattteee lady gaygay...she is the worse than britney *sigh*...
2009-10-21 10:47:30 UTC
I am to old pal,no hair left for skinhead never mind a mohawk.
2009-10-21 10:49:33 UTC
1.to first answer, what's wrong in skinny jeans ??

2. The Who isn't punk

3. yeah it sucks but Lady Gaga isn't only music today.

4. You can't bring back punk because never really exist. 1975 - 1980 every band was considered as punk, even The Police and Yes.
××MοпөҚυЯO BõØ××
2009-10-21 12:39:36 UTC
Lol, i go to see my fave bands on the weekend, i wear chains and a leather jacket, i have crazy hair though

i love the rock-metal scene.

i love my lyf xD
2009-10-21 10:20:44 UTC
i love punk too but the who isn't punk.

but i completely agree with you about ady gaga and skinny jeans on poseur 13 yr old girls.
2009-10-21 11:05:06 UTC
yeah your right being able to see bands play with raw energy would be brilliant bands like the ruts, still think the crack album is fantastic .................MORE PUB ROCK