Question:
How would compare The Beatles to modern generation group of the same genre?
PaulMcCartney
2007-05-09 22:55:52 UTC
How would compare The Beatles to modern generation group of the same genre?
Four answers:
Fonzie T
2007-05-10 04:07:25 UTC
Honestly? No one. & I doubt anyone in our lifetime will.

No one band is generating THAT level of mass hysteria the way The Beatles did. No one band is changing pop culture & music as we know. Last time that happened was actually Michael Jackson during the 'Thriller' era.

Unfortunately, what *is* doing all that is American freakin' Idol.

We've shifted from music being the focus, to general entertainment. This is why we're seeing SO many more singers who wanna be actors & vice versa.
fuzzylilhippiechick
2007-05-09 23:27:10 UTC
There are no modern generation groups of the same genre, The Beatles are their own genre I think.

:o)

Peace
Sookie
2007-05-10 05:54:49 UTC
What was written, recorded and performed by The Beatles is immortal. Your children's children's children will know them and their songs.

What is produced by modern pop acts is disposable and will be forgotten even before the ink is dry on their contracts.

They cannot be compared. It's apples and oranges.
summer
2007-05-10 01:05:55 UTC
almost every band today (indie etc.) are using the Beatles as their influence. You can hear them in their music.